What ages does Kidz on the Avenue cater for?

We cater for children aged two to six years of age.


What are the operating hours?

We open from 7:30 am to 6 pm, Monday to Friday, 50 weeks a year.
Our service is closed on all public holidays and weekends.


How do I enrol?

When you enrol, our team will organize a tour of the service which suits your needs. The tour will allow you to meet the dedicated team of educators within the service and answer any question you may have. The Authorized Supervisor will follow up after your tour and send you all relevant information and documents relative to the enrolment process.

You will be asked to complete an enrolment form and attach:

  1. A copy of your child’s birth certificate.
  2. A copy of your child’s up to date immunisation schedule from Medicare.
  3. A copy of your Child Care Benefit (CCB) eligibility letter if applicable.

At the time of enrolment you will be asked to pay a $150.00 (non-refundable) which covers your child’s hat and bed sheet as well as an enrolment fee of two weeks full fees (refundable as long as you give 4 weeks notice if you wish to leave the centre prior the school year) to secure your child’s placement.

How is the waitlist managed?

If there are no vacancies at the service of your choice, you may want to join your desired service wait list.
The lists are regularly reviewed by our family relations team.
You will be contacted via our family relations team located at head office if a place becomes available.


What to expect on my child’s first day?

First days can be tough for both parents and children, so it’s natural to feel a bit anxious about this big change to the family routine.
Our educators are more than happy to explain the process of dropping off your child and saying goodbye. They may also stay in touch during the first day to let you know how things are going. At the end of each day you can read through their program journals for the day to get a feel for how well your child is progressing and what they fulfill in each day.


What do I need to bring one my child’s first day?

Your service supervisor will provide you with a detailed list upon your enrolment.
Please ensure all belongings are clearly labelled with your child’s first and last name.

  • A couple of Change of clothes (for appropriate season as when involved with hands-on play-based learning, your child may get a little messy!)
  • Comfort item (if required), such as a toy and blanket
  • Dummy in a sealed, named container (if required)
  • Sterilised Bottles (if required)
  • Expressed milk (if required)
  • Water bottle (optional)
  • Any medications, e.g. Asthma Puffers (if required) – please give these directly to staff to manage directly.

What do I do if my child is unwell?

It’s best for your child, other children and educators to keep your child at home if they are feeling unwell. Please call your service to let them know of your child’s absence. You will also be required to sign the attendance sheet when you next attend so as we have a record of the absentee day.


Are families advised if other children at the service are unwell?

Advice to families will depend on the nature of the illness. For example, if a number of children at the same service seem to be showing symptoms of the same illness, the service will let you know what to look out for and if your child should stay at home. If there’s been a confirmed case of an infectious disease in the service, the room the child is in will display an infectious disease fact sheet so that parents are aware of symptoms to look for.


What are your fees?

At the time of enrolment you will be asked to pay a $150.00 non-refundable enrolment fee and a Bond fee of two weeks full fees (refundable as long as you give 4 weeks notice if you wish to leave prior the school year) to secure your child’s placement

The daily fees include:


2-3years of age; $110 per day

3-5 years of age; $100 per day


Contact the centre on (02) 9570 5359 for any further enquiries.


What is included in the daily fee?

  • Nutritionally sound meals and snacks
  • Qualified Early Childhood Educators
  • Developmentally Appropriate Educational Programs
  • School Transition and readiness programs
  • Wipes
  • Cow milk
  • Dance, Sports, Music, Yoga programs
  • Sunscreen

What happens if my scheduled day falls on a public holiday?

Like most early learning services, our services close for public holidays. If your scheduled day falls on a public holiday, we still need to charge to cover staff costs. This is a sector-standard practice. Early learning professionals are entitled to be paid on public holidays as in other industries. The Australian Government’s Child Care Benefit (CCB) covers up to 42 absence days per financial year, which includes public holidays. So unless you exceed this quota, you will be eligible for the CCB discount on public holidays.


Do I still need to pay for a scheduled day if my child is sick?

Yes, our services need to charge for sick days to cover operating costs. This is standard practice across the industry. The Child Care Benefit will cover up to 42 absence days a year.


What happens when we go on holidays?

Fees are payable in order to maintain your child’s place in the service and is standard industry practice. The Child Care Benefit covers up to 42 unspecified absence days a year, so unless you exceed this quota, you’ll be eligible for CCB on family holidays.


What government rebates and benefits are available to families?

From 2 July 2018, one new Child Care Subsidy will replace the two current child care payments.

This transition cannot happen automatically.

To transition, you will need to complete an online Child Care Subsidy assessment using your Centrelink online account through myGov. You should do this as soon as possible.

You will be asked to provide some new information and confirm your current details, including:

1. Combined Family Income 

2. Activity Level of Parents 

3. Type of childcare Service 

If families do not complete their assessment before 2 July 2018, they may not receive any child care fee assistance.

Child Care Subsidy

The Package includes a new child care subsidy. which replaces the current Child Care Benefit and Child Care Rebate. The Child Care Subsidy will be paid directly to services.

There are also changes to the annual cap which will make child care more affordable for most families.

Three things will determine a family’s level of Child Care Subsidy:

  • A family’s annual adjusted taxable income will determine the percentage of subsidy they are eligible for

  • An activity test will determine how many hours of subsidised care families can access, up to a maximum of 100 per fortnight, and

  • The type of child care service will determine the hourly rate cap.

More information about individual subsidy rates and annual cap changes is available in the New child care Package Brochure Located on the following website:


Some basic requirements must be satisfied for an individual to be eligible to receive Child Care Subsidy for a child. These include:

  • the age of the child (must be 13 or under and not attending secondary school)

  • the child meeting immunisation requirements

  • the individual, or their partner, meeting the residency requirements.

Please visit your local Centrelink / Family Assistance Office or phone the Family Assistance Office on 13 61 50 between 8.00am and 8.00pm Monday to Friday.


We hope that these answered some of your queries, however if you require more information please feel free to contact us on (02) 9570 5359.